Data Privacy Statement of DOCERAM GmbH
We appreciate your interest in our website. The protection of your privacy is very important to us. Below we will provide you with extensive information about the handling of your data.
1. 1. Name and contact information of the data controller as well as the company Data Protection Officer
This information about data privacy applies to the data processing by:
Hesslingsweg 65 – 67,
44309 Dortmund (Germany)
Telefon: +49 (0) 231 – 925668 - 0
Telefax: +49 80) 231 – 925668 - 600
In particular, if you have any questions about the collection, processing or use of your personal data, if you want to obtain information about, correction of, blocking of or erasure of data or to withdraw any granted consent, please contact the company Data Protection Officer of DOCERAM GmbH.
The Data Protection Officer of DOCERAM GmbH is provided by
EU-CON BeraterForum GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0)2452 993311
Mr. Markus Weuthen
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the type and purpose of use
a) When visiting the website
With each visit to our website, the browser being used by your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is stored temporarily in what is known as a log file. The following information is collected and stored until its automatic deletion without your assistance:
- the IP address of the requesting computer,
- the date and time of the access,
- the time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
- the content of the request (specific page),
- the access status/HTTP status code,
- the name and URL of the accessed file,
- the website from which the access originates (referrer URL),
- the browser being used and potentially the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your internet service provider,
- the language and version of the browser software.
The specified data will be used by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection establishment to the website,
- ensuring the comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of the system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Article 6(1) sentence 1(f) of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes of the data collection listed above. In no case will we use the collected data to draw conclusions about your identity.
In addition, we utilise cookies and analysis services for visits to our website. Further details on this can be found in points 4 and 5 of this Data Privacy Statement.
b) When unsubscribing from our newsletter
If you have given express consent in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1(a) of the GDPR, we will use your email address to regularly send you our newsletter. Providing your email address is sufficient to receive the newsletter.
It is possible to unsubscribe at any time, for instance by clicking the link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
c) When using our contact form
Should you have questions of any kind, we offer you the option to contact us through a form provided on the website. When using the form, a valid e-mail address is required in order to inform us of the original source of the query as well as to allow us to respond to it. Further information may be provided on a voluntary basis.
The data processing for purposes of establishing contact with us is carried out on the basis of your voluntary consent in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1(a) of the GDPR.
The personal data we collect for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted once your query has been handled.
d) When sending an email
When you send us an email, we store the data provided by you (e.g. your email address, potentially your name and telephone number) in order to answer your question.
This data processing for purposes of establishing contact with us is also carried out on the basis of your voluntary consent in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1(a) of the GDPR.
If storage of the data is no longer necessary then we will delete the collected personal data.
Please note that data transmission through an unencrypted email may have security vulnerabilities and complete protection of personal details against unauthorised access by third parties is thereby not possible. We therefore recommend observing this with regard to sensitive data.
3. Transfer of data
Your personal data will only be transferred to third parties for the purposes listed below.
We will only transfer your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given us your explicit consent to do so in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1(a) of the GDPR,
- the transfer in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1(f) of the GDPR is necessary in order to safeguard our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of third parties, e.g. to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest requiring protection in the non-disclosure of your data,
- the transfer in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1(f) of the GDPR is necessary in order to fulfil a legal obligation to which we are subject and
- the transmission is legally permissible and necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1(b) of the GDPR. For instance, your data will be transferred to the company commissioned with the delivery, insofar as this is necessary for the delivery of goods. In order to process payment we will forward your payment data to the credit institution commissioned with the payment or to the payment service provider selected in the ordering process.
In some cases we use the services of external service providers for processing within the framework of processing on behalf of another person in accordance with Article 28 of the GDPR. These service providers are carefully selected and contracted by us, are explicitly bound to our instructions and are regularly monitored.
Cookies store information relating to the specific terminal device which is being used. However, this does not mean that we obtain specific knowledge concerning your identity.
Cookies are used, among other things, to make our website and services more comfortable for you to use. We use what are known as 'session cookies' to recognise whether you have already visited individual pages on our website in the past. These cookies are automatically deleted when you leave our website.
n addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness. These cookies are installed on your terminal device for a specific predefined period of time. If you should visit our website again to make use of our services then these cookies will automatically recognise that you have already visited us and will identify what data you entered and settings you selected so that you do not have to enter it again.
The data processed using cookies are necessary for the aforementioned purposes of safeguarding our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1(f) of the GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser to block cookies or to inform you before a new cookie is created. However, full deactivation of cookies may cause you to be unable to use all of the functions of our website. You can also object to the use of session cookies by us at any time. They will then be completely deleted by us. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or our Data Protection Officer specified above for this.
5. Analysis tools/tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Article 6(1) sentence 1(f) of the GDPR. By using the tracking measures, we wish to ensure a tailored design and the continuous optimisation of our website. In addition, we also use tracking measures to collect statistics about the use of our website and to evaluate how we can optimise our website and services for you. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned regulation. The respective purposes of data processing and data categories can be found in the descriptions of the corresponding tracking tools we use.
a) Google Analytics
For the purpose of the tailoring and continuous optimisation of our website, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, (hereinafter referred to as 'Google'). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- browser type/version,
- used operating system,
- referrer URL (previously visited page),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of query,
is transferred to a Google server in the United States and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports about website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and Internet usage for the purposes of market research and tailoring of this website. This data may also be transferred to third parties if necessary, provided that this is required by law or insofar as third parties have been commissioned to process this data. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with any other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymised so that no association is possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by adjusting the browser settings; however, if you do so, please note that you may be unable to make full use of all of the features of this website.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on located here.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, in particular for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking the corresponding link. An opt-out cookie will be set which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser then you will have to set the opt-out cookie again.
For further information regarding data privacy within the context of Google Analytics, please visit the Google Analytics Help Center.
b) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We also use Google Conversion Tracking in order to compile statistics about the use of our website and for the purpose of optimising our website for you. Within the scope of this service Google AdWords sets a cookie (see point 4) if you reached our website by clicking on an advertisement placed by Google.
These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits particular pages of the website of the Adwords advertiser and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the Adwords customer are able to see that the user has clicked on the advertisement and was transferred to this page.
Each AdWords advertiser has a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be tracked through the website of Adwords advertisers. The information obtained using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for the Adwords advertisers who have opted for conversion tracking. The Adwords advertisers can find out the total number of users who have clicked on their ad and were directed to the page with a conversion tracking tag. The advertisers do not, however, obtain any information that can be used to identify users personally.
6. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- to obtain information about the personal data processed by us about you in accordance with Article 15 of the GDPR. In particular, you can obtain information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the planned period of storage, the existence of a right to the rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data if it was not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and any meaningful information regarding their details;
- to obtain the rectification or amendment of inaccurate personal data being stored by us about you in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR;
- to obtain the deletion of the personal data being stored by us about you in accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to free information and expression of opinion, to fulfil a obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims;
- to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 18 of the GDPR, unless you dispute the correctness of the data, the processing is illegal but you reject the deletion of the data and we no longer require the data but you need the data to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims or you have lodged an objection against the processing under Article 21 of the GDPR;
- to obtain in a structured, current and machine-readable format the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us or to obtain the transfer of the data to another controller in accordance with Article 20 of the GDPR;
- to withdraw your consent previously granted to us at any time in accordance with Article 7(3) of the GDPR. The consequence of this will be that we will no longer be allowed to continue the data processing on the basis of that consent and
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 of the GDPR. You can normally contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence, your place of work, or our registered office.
7. Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1(f) of the GDPR then you have the right, in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR, to lodge an objection against the processing of your personal data if there are grounds for this resulting from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case you have a general right to object without providing any information about a particular situation and this will be implemented by us.
If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw consent or object to processing, sending an email to the following address will suffice: email@example.com.
8. Data security
During visits to our website, we use the widely spread SSL (secure socket layer) procedure in conjunction with the highest level of encryption that your individual browser supports. This usually involves 256-bit encryption. Should your browser not support 256-bit encryption, we resort to 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is being transmitted encrypted by means of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser being illustrated as closed.
For the rest, we avail ourselves of suitable technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised third-party access. Our security measures are subject to continuous improvement corresponding to technological development.
Access to your customer account is only possible by entering a personal password. You should always treat your access information as confidential and close the browser window when you have ended communication with us, in particular if others also use your computer.
9. Current validity and changes to this Data Privacy Statement
This Data Privacy Statement is currently valid and was last updated May 2018.
The further development of our website and associated offerings, as well as the modification of legal or official provisions, may necessitate the modification of this data privacy statement. The latest current version of the Data Privacy Statement can always be found on our website at https://doceram.com/en/infocenter/privacy-policy/.